The award-winning Casper Select mattress features four layers of premium foam for the perfect balance of softness and support. The Zoned Support™ system treats your shoulders and hips differently for deeper comfort and better alignment. Just the right sink, just the right bounce. Two technologies come together for better nights and brighter days. Our mattress is made with premium foam for cooling and bounce – ensuring breathability and durability for years to come. Each of the four layers provides unparalleled support and comfort. Our bed is resilient enough to compress-ship and fit through any door! The Casper Select Mattress brings better sleep, all in a magically compact box.
- Certi-Pur certified foam + no ozone depleting chemicals
- Zoned support for targeted alignment and comfort
- Four-layer foam construction – breathable open-cell foam, high-density memory foam, zoned transition foam, and durable support foam
- Hand-sewn, zip-off cover
- Mattress thickness: 12”
- Dimensions: Cal King: 72″ W x 84″ L x 12″ H
Base troubleshooting: Can I use a boxspring? What should I put the mattress on? Can I use my old bed frame? Can I use an adjustable base?
- We don’t typically recommend using the Casper with traditional boxsprings. You also want to avoid metal slats and wire frames. They’re structured in a way that isn’t really designed to adequately support the density of a foam mattress. Traditional boxsprings are excellent for supporting innerspring mattresses, but do not provide a sufficient surface area of support for foam. For this reason, even a very high-quality boxspring can present issues and discomfort. Foam needs as much firm, direct support as possible! The Casper Foundation is a boxspring alternative for bed setups that require one, but there are other options, too. The mattress can go directly on a solid wooden platform bed frame or a bed frame with wooden slats that are uncurved and spaced 3-4 inches apart. The wooden slats in the Casper foundation are solid pine, 0.75 inches thick and 2.4 inches wide.
Offgassing: Does the mattress contain chemical flame retardants and other VOCs?
- All the foams in our mattresses have environmental certifications that ensure they are safe and non-toxic. Every layer is CertiPUR certified.CertiPUR-US® approved foams are made without ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. They are Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million).
Can I use an adjustable base?
- It’s absolutely fine to use the mattress with an adjustable base with the Casper.
Heat troubleshooting: Don’t memory foam beds sleep hot?
- While the mattress was designed to be breathable, the foam is more sensitive to what is put on top of it due to its high density. In Casper’s research, they found that the ideal sheet to pair with the bed is 400 thread count pima cotton sheets in a percale weave, sateen cotton sheets with a low thread count, or low thread count linen sheets. Synthetic fibers do not breathe as well as natural fibers. Additionally, even with natural fibers like cotton and linen, high thread counts will trap heat. There is a common misconception in the bedding industry that a higher thread count equates to higher quality, but this is not true. If a thread count is too high, the weave of the threads is tighter, making it harder for air to pass through.
Can I use a heated mattress pad with the mattress?
- You can absolutely use a heated mattress pad with the Casper. Just be sure to follow any and all safety precautions included with the heating pad
Weight limits: Does the mattress have a weight limit?
- Casper mattresses were designed to accommodate people of all shapes and sizes, so they do not have a weight limit. While one may sink slightly deeper into the mattress depending on height and weight, the fundamental feel will remain the same and weight will be evenly distributed as long as the mattress has the support it needs! To ensure that you’re dreaming cozily for years to come, we recommend putting it directly on a solid wooden platform bed frame or a slatted bed frame with uncurved wooden slats spaced 3-4 inches apart. If you like the height of a boxspring, you can use the Casper foundation! For even wear, we suggest rotating your mattress 180 degrees every few months. You want to avoid metal slats, wire frames, and traditional boxsprings.
The adjustment period: How long does the bed take to “break-in”?
- While an adjustment period of 2-6 weeks is standard across the board depending on the manufacturer, as well as personal preferences, your body’s sensitivity to change, and the mattress you were on before, we’ve found that the adjustment on the mattress is only around 3-4 weeks. I know you might think that it feels weird to have to adjust, but other customers have felt similarly and we’ve found that the first few nights or weeks are not at all telling of how you’d feel on your Casper long term. For this reason, we recommend trying it for at least a month before considering a return.